(Last update: 06 May 2018)
LegalVision ILP Pty Ltd owns the copyright in this document and use without permission is prohibited.)
In these Sales Terms and Conditions (Sales Terms) ”we”, “us” or “our” mean B. A. Hausfeld & A. T. Pham (ABN 34 507 197 721) [trading as Katherynloche], its successors and assignees, (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our”) and you, the person, organisation or entity that purchases products or related services from us (referred to as “you” or “your”), and collectively the Parties. These Sales Terms apply to all sales made by us to you. These Terms are available at www.katherynloche.com (Site).
These Sales Terms form the agreement under which we will supply products and related services to you. Please read these Sales Terms carefully. If you have any questions, please contact us using the contact details below, before you purchase products or related services from us.
You accept our Sales Terms by making a purchase from us. Your purchase from us indicates that you have had sufficient opportunity to access these Sales Terms and contact us, that you have read, accepted and will comply with these Terms, and that you are 18 years or older, or have the consent of a legal guardian who is 18 years or older. You must not order products or services from us if you are under 18 years of age or do not have the consent of a legal guardian who is 18 years or older. If you do not agree to these Sales Terms, you should not purchase from us.
- Products, Services and Orders:
- You may order from us as set out on the Site. We may at our discretion accept or reject an order depending on factors including availability of products or services and our ability to validate payment for the products or services.
- It is your responsibility to check the order details, including product/service and pricing, before you complete your order on the Site.
- We will provide you with order details, which may include an order number, an order ID, the shipping and billing addresses and a description of what was ordered, when you order and pay on the Site and your payment has been validated.
- A binding agreement comes into existence between you and us once we have given you an order number. No changes to these Sales Terms will be effective unless we both agree to the changes in writing.
- Please be aware that some of the products sold through the Site may not be suitable for children under 18 years of age, so please take extra care when purchasing products for children under 18 years of age.
Price and Payments:
- You agree to pay the purchase price specified on the Site at the time that you place your order for the purchase of a product/service, plus any applicable delivery and insurance charges based on the delivery options selected by you. All amounts are stated in Australian dollars. All purchase prices include Australian GST (where applicable). Any delivery and insurance charges will be separately shown.
- You must pay for the product or services by one of the methods set out on the Site. Your payment will be processed upon receipt of your order. You must not pay, or attempt to pay, for an order through any fraudulent or unlawful means. If your payment is not made or able to be successfully processed by us then your order may be cancelled.
Availability and Cancellation:
- All purchases made with us are subject to availability. We do our best to keep in stock most products, ensure that services supplied by us are made readily available to you, and to keep the Site up to date with availability of products or services.
- If there is a considerable delay in dispatching your order or supplying services to you, or if for any reason we cannot supply a product or service you have ordered, we will contact you using the contact details provided by you when you placed the order. You can choose a refund, store credit or to put your order on backorder. If you choose a refund or store credit, any delivery costs you have paid for the product will be refunded to you. If you choose to put your order on backorder, we will contact you to arrange for supply/delivery once the product or service is available (as the case may be).
- If certain products are out of stock or discontinued, we may from time to time substitute a product with another product of similar appearance, value and size. Where an item is substantially different, we will obtain your permission to substitute the item.
- Location: We deliver Australia wide. At this stage we do not deliver outside of Australia. Please refer to the delivery information on the Site to check that you are in our delivery area. If you are not in our delivery area please contact us to discuss delivery options.
- Cost: We offer free delivery for some products to some areas, as set out on the Site. If free delivery does not apply, a delivery fee will apply, as set out on the Site.
- Timing: We will normally dispatch the product within 1-2 business days from the receipt of your order, unless otherwise noted on the Site. Any delivery periods displayed on the Site are estimates only, based on the information provided by the delivery company. We will deliver the product to the place of delivery you specify when making your order.
- Change: If you need to change a delivery date or the delivery address, please contact us as soon as possible to see if this is possible. If you are not available to take delivery on the agreed delivery date, you may be charged a delivery fee for each additional attempt for delivery.
- Method: We may deliver the products via a range of delivery methods. All deliveries must be signed for. If neither you nor your authorised representative is at the delivery address to accept delivery you will be notified, generally by the delivery company leaving a card with contact details, so that you can arrange another delivery time and date.
- Title and Risk: Title in the products will not pass to you until the later of delivery, or your payment has been processed or otherwise received by us. If your payment is declined for any reason we reserve the right to reclaim the products from your possession, custody or control even if they have been delivered to you or moved from the delivery address. We reserve the right to keep or sell the products. Risk of loss, damage or deterioration to any products will pass to you once the product is sent by us/once the product is delivered to the address you provide.
- Discount Codes and Promotions:
We may from time to time offer promotional discount codes, which may be applicable to products on the Site, whilst stocks last and must be entered at the time of submitting your order. The conditions of use relating to any discount code will be specified at the time that it is issued.
Gift Vouchers and Discount Codes may not be redeemed for cash nor store credit, nor change given on the unused portion of the Voucher.
Where Gift Vouchers and Discount Codes do not cover the entire purchase, payment of the remaining balance will be required by the customer at checkout for the order to be processed.
Gift Vouchers will only exist for the time stipulated in the Terms and Conditions of that voucher, or for a minimum of 3 years after date of issue.
Gift Vouchers are not replaceable if lost, stolen, used by others without consent, or altered in any way. In these circumstances, these vouchers become expired and will not be accepted or otherwise redeemable.
Terms and conditions stipulated here or in special offers are void where prohibited by Australian law. Any and all offers of discount codes and gift voucher are governed by the laws of New Souths Wales, Australia.
Intellectual Property Rights
- Intellectual Property Rights mean all present and future rights in or to any patent, copyright, database rights, registered design or other design right, utility model, trade mark (whether registered or not and including any rights in get up or trade dress), brand name, service mark, trade name, eligible layout right, chip topography right and any other rights of a proprietary nature in or to the results of intellectual activity in the industrial, commercial, scientific, literary or artistic fields, whether registrable or not, including all renewals, extensions and revivals of, and all rights to apply for, any of the foregoing rights (Intellectual Property Rights).
- We own all Intellectual Property Rights in the Site, business, products, services and branding, as between us and you. The products contain material which is owned by or licensed to us and is protected by Australian and international laws (Materials). We own the copyright which subsists in all creative and literary works incorporated into our Materials.
- You must not breach our Intellectual Property Rights by, including but not limited to altering or modifying any of the Materials, creating derivative works from the Materials or using our Materials for commercial purposes such as on sale to third parties
Your feedback is important to us. We seek to resolve your concerns quickly and effectively. If you have any feedback or questions about our products or services, please contact us. If there is a dispute between the Parties in relation to these Sale Terms, the Parties agree to the following dispute resolution procedure:
- The complainant must tell the respondent in writing the nature of the dispute, what outcome the complainant wants and what action the complainant thinks will settle the dispute. The Parties agree to meet in good faith to seek to resolve the dispute by agreement between them (Initial Meeting).
- If the Parties cannot agree how to resolve the dispute at the Initial Meeting, any Party may refer the matter to a mediator. If the Parties cannot agree on who the mediator should be, the complainant will ask the Law Society of New South Wales to appoint a mediator. The mediator will decide the time and place for mediation. The Parties must attend the mediation in good faith, to seek to resolve the dispute.
Any attempts made by the Parties to resolve a dispute pursuant to this clause are without prejudice to other rights or entitlements of the Parties under these Terms, by law or in equity.
Consumer Law, Return, Refund and Exchange Policy
- ACL: Seller’s goods and services come with consumer guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law in the Consumer and Competition Act 2010 (ACL). Nothing in the Sales Terms limits or excludes any guarantees, warranties, representations or conditions implied or imposed by law, including the ACL or any liability under the ACL, which may not be limited or excluded.
- Goods & Services: If you are a consumer as defined in the ACL, the following notice applies to you: "Our goods and services come with warranties and guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law (Consumer Guarantees). You are entitled to a replacement or a refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. You are also entitled to have services remedied if they are not rendered with due care and skill or they are not fit for purpose and the failure does not amount to a major failure”
- Warranties: Seller: To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all express and implied warranties, and all material and work is provided to you without warranties of any kind, either express or implied. We expressly disclaim all warranties including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose. Manufacturer: The product may come with a manufacturer's warranty. The manufacturer's warranty is in addition to but may overlap with any rights and remedies you may have under applicable law, including any Consumer Guarantees. If you are not considered a "consumer" within the meaning of the ACL, the manufacturer's warranty may be your sole remedy. You should check the manufacturer’s warranty, as many manufacturers' warranties do not apply in a business or commercial setting. Please contact the manufacturer if you would like to make a claim under the manufacturer's warranty.
- Repair, replacement or a refund: If you wish to seek repair, resupply, replacement or a refund for a product or service, please contact us and we will explain the requirements to you. This may include you providing proof of purchase and evidence of the faulty product to us.
- Refund & Conditions: If you are entitled to a refund, we will only give you the refund once evidence of faulty product is received by us, or we have received the product at our warehouse and inspected it and assessed whether it is eligible for a refund under these Sales Terms. Any refund we make will be by the same payment method used to purchase the product or service.
- Condition: We offer exchanges or store credit of products where we determine (in our sole discretion).
- The product(s) are in a saleable condition (unless they are deemed faulty), not used, not worn, undamaged, not tampered with, unwashed and unaltered;
- The product(s) are in their original undamaged packaging with all product tags still intact;
- The product(s) were incorrectly described by us on the Site; and
- Item/s must be returned back to our online store within 14 days of receipt for returns and exchange.
Unless deemed faulty, we cannot accept return or exchange for certain items including earrings or other piercing jewellery due to health reasons. We will only exchange products of equal or lesser value.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, we reserve the right to refuse or reject an exchange or refund if we assess that the product does not satisfy the requirements under these Terms.
- Packaging: You must adequately package any product you are returning for our collection to ensure that it is not damaged during return delivery to our warehouse using the address as set out on the Site. You agree any return of unwanted orders are at your own cost. We will arrange for any products you want returned to be collected, usually within 5 business days.
- Duty of care: You have a duty of care for the product while it is in your possession. If you damage products, then subsequently return the products, you may be liable to pay to repair the product to its original condition. In these circumstances, where a repair is not economically viable, no refund will be made.
- Change of mind: We do not accept returns or provide refund for change of mind.
- Limitation of Liability and Disclaimers:
- While the information and material contained on the Site is believed to be accurate and current, it is provided by us in good faith on an "as is" basis, and we and our directors, officers, employees, contractors and agents accept no responsibility for and make no representations or warranties to you or to any other person as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of the information contained on the Site.
- Certain legislation including the ACL and similar consumer protection laws and regulations may confer you with rights, warranties, guarantees and remedies relating to the provision of goods or services to you by us via the Site which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. Our liability is governed solely by the ACL and these Terms.
- To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions and warranties, except for your Rights including but not limited to:
+ We expressly disclaim any implied or express guarantees, representations or conditions of any kind, which are not stated in these Sales Terms;
+We take no responsibility for, and will not be liable for the Site or the products or services being unavailable; and
+ We will not be liable for any loss, damage, injury, death, costs including legal costs, or expense whether direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential and/or incidental, including loss of profits, revenue, production, opportunity, access to markets, goodwill, reputation, use or any indirect, remote, abnormal or unforeseeable loss, or any loss or damage relating to business interruption, loss of programs or other data on your information systems or costs of replacement goods, or otherwise, suffered by you or claims made against you, arising out of or in connection with the Site, inability to access or use the Site, the products, the services, the late supply of products or services, or these Sales Terms, even if we were expressly advised of the likelihood of such loss or damage.
- To the extent permitted by law, our total liability arising out of or in connection with the products, the services or these Sales Terms, however arising, including under contract, tort (including negligence), in equity, under statute or otherwise, will not exceed the total price paid by you for the purchase of products and/or services under these Terms.
- This clause will survive termination of these Terms.
- Amendment: These Sales Terms may be amended from time to time without prior notice. Your purchase from us following any such amendments will be deemed to be confirmation that you accept those amendments. We recommend that you check the current Sales Terms before purchase. Our agents, employees and third parties do not have authority to change these Sales Terms.
- Indemnity: You indemnify us from and against all claims, suits, demands, actions, liabilities, costs and expenses (including legal costs and expenses on a full indemnity basis) resulting from your breach of these Terms. You agree to co-operate with us (at your own expense) in the handling of disputes, complaints, investigations or litigation that arise as a result of your use of our products or services including but not limited to disputes, complaints, investigations or litigation that arises out of or relates to incorrect information you have given us. The obligations under this clause will survive termination of these Terms.
- Privacy: We agree to comply with the legal requirements of the Australian Privacy Principles as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and any other applicable legislation or privacy guidelines
- Accuracy: While we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations, warranties or guarantee, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability of any information, images, products, services, or related graphics contained on the Site for any particular purpose. You hereby acknowledge that such information and materials may contain mistakes, inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude any liability for such to the fullest extent permissible by law
- Termination: We reserve the right to refuse supply of the products or services ordered by you, terminate your account, terminate our contract with you, and remove or edit content on the Site at our sole discretion, without incurring any liability to you.
- GST: If and when applicable, GST payable on our services or products will be set out in our invoices. By accepting these Sales Terms you agree to pay us an amount equivalent to the GST imposed on these charges.
- Relationship of Parties: These Sales Terms are not intended to create a relationship between the Parties of partnership, joint venture, or employer-employee.
- Force Majeure: We will not be liable for any delay or failure to perform our obligations under these Sales Terms if such delay is due to any circumstance beyond our reasonable control. If we are delayed from performing our obligations due to such a circumstance for a period of at least 2 months, we may terminate our agreement with you by giving you 5 business days' notice in writing.
- Notice: Any notice in connection with these Sales Terms will be deemed to have been duly given when made in writing and delivered or sent by email, facsimile or post to the Party to whom such notice is intended to be given or to such other address, email address or facsimile number as may from time to time be notified in writing to the other Party.
- Waiver: Any failure by a Party to insist upon strict performance by the other of any provision in these Sales Terms will not be taken to be a waiver of any existing or future rights in relation to the provision. No waiver by us of any of these Sales Terms shall be effective unless we expressly state it is a waiver and we communicate to you in writing.
- Assignment: You must not assign any rights and obligations under these Terms, whether in whole or in part, without our prior written consent.
- Severability: If any of these Sales Terms are determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Jurisdiction and Applicable Law: Your use of the Site and any dispute arising out of your use of it is subject to the laws of New South Wales and the Commonwealth of Australia. These Sales Terms are governed by the laws of New South Wales and the Commonwealth of Australia and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts operating in New South Wales. The Site may be accessed throughout Australia and overseas. We make no representation that the Site complies with the laws (including intellectual property laws) of any country outside Australia. If you access the Site from outside Australia, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for complying with the laws in the place where you access the Site.
- Entire Agreement: These Sales Terms and any document expressly referred to in them represent the entire agreement between you and us and supersede any prior agreement, understanding or arrangement between you and us, whether oral or in writing.
For any questions or notice, please contact us at:
Business Trading Name: Katherynloche
(ABN 34 507 197 721)
PO Box 158 Bankstown, NSW, Australia
Last update: 13 March 2017
LegalVision ILP Pty Ltd owns the copyright in this document and use without permission is prohibited.